Monday, February 21, 2011

Day Six of Vacation: Animal Kingdom and The Boardwalk

The sixth day of vacation was rough. I felt sick but I was determined to still have fun. Six days of fun is so tiring and I was really feeling it. We had plans to sleep in...but because we didn't want to miss anything at the Animal Kingdom we got up early and made our way to the park.


Animal Kingdom was packed compared to the other parks...but there were still no lines. We did all the rides Bugs Life show, Everest, Dinosaur...everything except for the water ride. I hate walking around wet for the rest of the day, so uncomfy! Then we did the Safari, the best part was seeing two rhinos fight...I wish we could have stopped the truck to see the whole thing! In all honesty I don't agree with capturing and parading around animals...it's not natural no matter how big the area is. 


We did everything in the park super fast because I was feeling so crappy. But for some reason I still felt the need to get a drink and jalapeno and cheddar pretzel....and it made me feel better! Before we left we watched the Lion King show. I liked it but it wasn't what we were expecting.

We left the park pretty early so I could get some rest before our big night. In December I made reservations for the Polynesian show, I gave them my credit card number and according to the confirmation e-mail we were "guaranteed seats." So, when we got back to the hotel I had the great idea to pick up our tickets. After not finding my name on the list, she tells me our reservation was "auto-canceled." Um...why? She had no answer for me. I was a little mad but honestly...not that disappointed. However, if it shows up on my credit card I will raise hell....they canceled it, NOT me!

After a short nap we decided to make reservations at Cat Cora's restaurant at the Boardwalk. Seriously, best decision ever. The food was so so so so good. We had spanikopita for our appetizer, I had pasta with saffron lamb ragu and Danny had the fisherman's stew. Even though dessert was included in our plan we passed...I learned my lesson from the day before! Our awesome waiter brought out a Happy Anniversary cupcake for us, I took just a little bit and can tell you it was delicious!

  
After dinner we walked around the Boardwalk and saw two magicians. I have never laughed so hard.  The weather was perfect and there was no one around...I think it's my new favorite place! Then we went to Jellyrolls, a piano bar. In Boston I used to go to Jake Ivories ALL the time, I have yet to find a piano bar/dance club like that (I need to get my butt to Charlotte for Howl at the Moon.) We paid an outrageous cover charge and listened to some music for awhile.


We headed back to the hotel and I passed out as soon as my head hit the pillow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment