Monday, December 21, 2009

Cute LBD for Petites - Theory "Chanesa" Paris Black Dress, sz 0

My little black Theory dress from the Bloomingdales December sale has finally arrived! I bought it a week or two back when they had all sizes in stock, but looks like only a sz 10 remains on the website. It's still available at Saks and Barneys online in sz 0 (links included).
Theory fitted dresses in a sz 0 usually do not disappoint...and sure enough...I loved this dress! It was well-made with quality materials, fully-lined, plus the cut was pretty flattering. When I was ordering it, I was worried that the length would be too long on me as a cocktail dress. It hits the model right above the knee, and I typically need dresses that look like minis on the models. Fortunately, it hits my leg at the same place as the model above:
The skirt part is a little wrinkly from the shipping, but the material is so thick that I'm sure a steaming outside my shower will rectify that. I love the velvet bodice with sweetheart neckline, with just enough boning to keep the corset shape intact. The wide silky waistband is also very flattering.

Click "Read More" for more photos.

The back has a panel of stretchy material down the center, which provides for a close fit.
The only view that I did not enjoy was the side view. The skirt looks puffier than I had imagined. I may have my tailor take it in on each side, but don't want to risk pulling on the pretty pleats.
More pics:
This dress retails for $325 but I ended up getting it for $154.70 after 3 rounds of discounts. Now I just need to find some killer heels that are not black.

PS - as evidenced by the pics ... I am no longer in my tiny 550 sq foot apartment in Boston (although I sure miss the coziness of that apt). To save on heating, my parents keep the house at a tepid 55 to 60 degrees. I froze my butt off trying on this dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment