Sunday, December 27, 2009

Skinny Jeans for Petites - Abercrombie Kids Landon Super Skinny

I ducked into an Abercrombie Kids the day after Christmas to check out those floral dresses I had
blogged about. Not sure what I was thinking - I don't recommend anyone in her right state of mind to enter that store during the holiday season. I was elbow deep in screechin teeny-boppers and their Ugg-clad Jersey moms pushing and shovin for moosey stuff. The employees were pretty young and snooty themselves and rolled their eyes at me for messing up their denim piles. I waited a darn long time for a fitting room (and was wrongly assaulted by a large n' in charge mom - truly terrifying - for "butting" her daughter). I then discovered that I couldn't fit into hardly anything I grabbed to try on...sigh.

On a positive note, I did come away with a new pair of skinny jeans, so readers don't have to bore their eyes with the same pair of H&M skinnies post after post. I love skinny jeans because they elongate shorter legs, plus they don't drag on the dirty ground when I wear flats. Not to mention, it's easy to tuck them into boots.

This is called their "Landon Super Skinny Legging Jean" in "rinse" - a very dark denim, darker than the pics. Price is $49.50 (currently on sale for $29.70) and they come in several washes. Warning - they are super skinny alright ... I grabbed a sz 12 (my normal size in A&F kids) and I couldn't breathe, move, nor sit! I couldn't find a 14, so I tried on a 16, not expecting it to fit at all. However ... dun dun dun ...  
Abercrombie Kids Landon Super Skinny Jeans sz 16, J.Crew Cardigan in XS
To my chagrin, the 16s were only a tiny bit big in the waist and throughout the leg. I'm positive these will shrink after a first wash, thus becoming the perfect fitting skinny jean. These jeans are long on me so they can be worn cuffed, either ankle length or double cuffed (shown above). I never thought I'd see the day when I would need a sz 16! Either I have packed on a few lbs, or their kids sizing is getting smaller smaller smaller.

Click "Read More" for more pics and info.


The J.Crew cardigan I'm wearing above has these big sparkly rhinestone buttons, very similar to this Crewcuts cardigan shown below. Mine is an XS from the women's line and it has problematic sleeves - baggy and an inch too short - just like the kids Aqua ruffle cardigan I tried on here. Perhaps they were meant to be 3/4 length on someone with longer arms. I have to cuff up the sleeves or else they dangle awkwardly.
As a side note, I'm thinking about getting this cardigan from the women's line in either soft violet or heather fossil. Love both those colors. They are on sale for $55 (with extra 20% using "EXTRA 20").

More pics of the jeans:
 
Can't wait to try them on after being shrunken from a wash / dry! I really liked this Landon cut because they taper down at the bottom to a very slim leg opening.

I also tried on the less fitted, Maddy Skinny Jeans from Abercrombie kids, also on sale for $29.70:
The jeans I'm trying on above are in a size 12, and fit...whew. But note how the jeans are a little bunchy from the knee down to the ankle. I'm picky with my skinny jeans and I like them really fitted and tapered as to not ruin the slimming silhouette. This would probably be fixed by a shrink in the washer/dryer, but then the waist would be uncomfortably tight. Also, I liked the prospect of having cuffed skinnies, so I opted for the Landon cut despite having to console myself about sizing up to a 16!

No comments:

Post a Comment