Thursday, February 25, 2010

Petite Lookbook - Moto pag?

The first time I went into a TopShop, it was a Sat. afternoon in NYC and the store was filled to capacity. The bf gave me a look that said EXIT NOW. I didn't find anything smaller than a 2, and left empty-handed. The second time I went in, I discovered a sign that said "Petites" and followed it gaily to the top floor, and found a tiny corner of pretty clothes in size 0 made for women 5'4" and under. I think I squeeled loudly and started grabbing everything in sight.

In the end I left with just 1 item, because it turns out that this brand is a bit overpriced. $60 for a skirt that looks akin to F21? $40 for a tank top? They do offer a 10% student discount, though, which I shamelessly used despite being not quite in school.

Me trying to look rocker chic and sultry:
 Tank: Forever 21 sz S
Jacket: TopShop Petites sz 0 (similar here)
Jeans: H&M kids skinnies sz 11/12 (similar here in 00 w/ multiple lengths)
Shoes: Calvin Klein ankle booties (similar here)

Some picks available in size 0 that I'm seriously contemplating. That lace-trimmed skirt...want.




I've been looking for a light grey cropped leather jacket for ages. Grey is such a transitional color. It can take a leather jacket from season to season, whereas I think black is too harsh for the Spring / Summer. Here's a pic from one of my first posts back in October 2009:
I fell in love with this Burberry kids leather jacket, but at $695 it was out of the question for a little cropped piece of clothing. I stalked it online until it was sold out, without ever going on sale! Darn those trust fund kids.
As soon as I saw the TopShop one on the rack, I knew that it would fill the void in my closet / heart. It was a very decent and buttery faux-leather, so I could be "animal friendly" while spending less $$. And a petite 0 fit perfectly...possibly even a little snug for a jacket. It's so exciting to discover new brands that offer tiny sizing!
That's it for now. I'm so thrilled to be back in Boston for a week to just unwind, shop, and cook. Mayyybe a little studying if swaptions don't put me straight to sleep. Have a great weekend, dear readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment