Thursday, January 21, 2010

Petite Lookbook - Jewels and Jacquard

Here's my first look for the "casual" files. Remember the GapKids skirt from this post? I've since come to love it, especially after getting it for another $10 off for a grand total of $17 ($6 of which was for shipping). I also accepted the fact that my little girls' size 12 days are over and ended up keeping the 14. This skirt is so easy to wear with a simple tank and longer cardigan.
Tank: H&M cotton tank sz 2
Sweater: J.Crew long cotton cardigan in XS 
Skirt: GapKids Brocade Mini sz 14 (sold here. I ordered mine "store to door" using the style # because my size was sold out online)
Necklace: J.Crew Crystal Necklace from outlet
Shoes: Aldo

Closeup of the skirt's pattern:

Another way to achieve this look is with a a pretty combo dress with a tank upper and brocade skirt. Aqua (Bloomingdales in-house brand) makes two really cute ones here and here (love, love the etched floral skirt). Also, is it my imagination or is this the same exact dress but under a different brand name? I wasn't aware that Aqua also make clothing for Nordies ... 



I tried on this skirt with black tights and a black cardigan, but something was off. The milky white jacquard looked strange against the stark black. I'll have to work on it. Oh, and for future posts I'm definitely going to stick with looking down, to avoid capturing ridiculously awkward expressions. Case in point:
I basicaly live in this H&M tank and also own it in other colors. These aren't their regular cotton tanks - there is no tag in the back for comfort, the material is a super comfy 95% pima cotton and 5% elastane, plus they come in numerical sizes instead of XS, S, etc. They run about $12.99 each and also come in short and long sleeve tees.
This outfit technically shouldn't even be in the "Lookbook" because I ended up returning the J.Crew cardigan. I loved the color and length of the sweater, however there was a fit issue in the area where the arm meets the shoulder and body. This cardigan had no shoulder seams (odd design), which did not work well on my narrow shoulders. I was very sad to return it because it's hard to find a longer cardigan that hits at the perfect length. I've been eyeing J.Crew's forever cardigan but I think it's too long for someone my height...have any petites tried?

No comments:

Post a Comment