Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Pre-Spring Want List in Petite-Friendly Sizes - $50 and under

Boy am I ready for winter to be over! As I'm wiping the slush and salt from my boots, I can't help getting excited for new Spring stuff that's currently taking over all stores ... cute shorts, flirty dress ... only 4 more months! Some picks for now, though, before the small sizes are gone:


1. Little white dress - American Eagle Burnout Floral Dress in sz 00, $44.50. Material is really pretty when zoomed in, plus I'm a sucker for side pockets.  Several of us petites have had luck with AE's XXS sweaters, but I can't speak from experience as to how small their 00 fits. For a really adorable patterned dress, the AF Kids Bridget dress I blogged about a while back is now on sale for $19.99 in navy with large sizes still remaining.

2. Sheer Lightweight Scarves - Aurorae Scarf from Anthropologie, $78 19.99... a great deal for 100% silk. Additional picks: Old navy also silk blend dot scarves in 6 colors at $12.50 a pop, and Gap has a lightweight plaid frayed scarf - on sale for only $5.99 in stores! I picked this up in gray/blue and love it for casual wear.
Click "Read More" for more picks.



3. A Pretty Romper - Armani Exchange silk shorts romper in size 0P, $49. Per AlterationsNeeded, a P0 from here tends to fit pretty small! Now this is a rather impractical want because I could never pull off this look. Magazines keep saying rompers are still in, but I have NEVER seen one being worn in real life!

4. Short Shorts - Gap Kids Cuffed Railroad Shorts in sz 12 or 14, $20. A little grundgy, yes, but I would totally rock these (after they go on sale). I can see this with an airy cotton A-lined blouse and some nude heels or gladiator sandals. Additional pick: American Eagle Favorite Short in 00, $29.50 and bound to go on sale as well. I'd get these in white.

No comments:

Post a Comment