Sunday, May 16, 2010

Petite Lookbook: Little Lace Sundress

As temperatures start warming up, the little lace sundress (LLS) is the new LBD. After missing out on several versions by Ann Taylor, Zara, and F21, the lace stars finally aligned and I stumbled upon this at H&M:
Lace mini dress: H&M "Divided" sz 4
Wedge Sandals: I.N.C. sz 6 (similar here for just $23)
Bag: LV Speedy 25; Scarf: Gucci; Belt: F21

At just $34.99, I had no qualms shelling out for this dress. Ann Taylor's $200 version is nice, but I'd never forgive myself if, say, a dollop of sriracha or chocolate ice cream made it's way onto the white lace. More photos after the jump.


This dress is from H&M's junior department. I couldn't find a sz 2, but the fit of a sz 4 was just fine with a tiny bit of wiggle room. The length is really short (28" from shoulder to hem), so I can't imagine this dress on someone who is taller than me (and I am a mere 5 feet tall). The dress is fully lined, and has a gold-toned zipper going down the front which looks quite nice against the ivory lace. There are pleats all around creating a bubble skirt effect - which is the only part that I don't like.
The mustard Martin & Osa cardigan makes yet another appearance. This reminds me - I didn't post about my last M&O order. The XXS summer-weight cardigan I got turned out to be huge, several inches longer than this one. I machine washed/dried it against tag instructions, and it successfully shrunk to the same size as this one : )
Bubbly back view:

Shop This Look

The ivory lace dress:




The strappy cognac sandals:
(I can't believe how similar the first two are!)



What do you guys think about the lace dress trend? I haven't seen too many in outfit posts yet, but I know they are popular because the Ann Taylor and Forever21 versions went like hotcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment