Friday, May 28, 2010

Recipes From the Cookout!

I get a lot of requests for recipes on here and on Facebook. So, I'm going to start a weekly recipe post. Hope you guys like them! And if possible, I'll try to post pictures to go along with them.

Mom's Famous Potato Casserole
  
1 stick of butter
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 onion, chopped
16 oz sour cream
1 package shredded cheddar cheese
32 oz Ore-Ida Southern Style potatoes
  (about) 1 - 2 cups of Corn Flakes

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Melt butter in small sauce pan, add soup, mix and combine well.
Place potatoes and chopped onion in a bowl.
Add cheese, sour cream, and soup mixture. Mix well.
Put in baking dish.
Top with Corn Flakes and spray with cooking spray.
Bake 30 - 45 minutes (heated through and Corn Flakes get a little brown and crispy!)

(you caught me, not my picture this time! I didn't decide to do this post until the casserole was gone!)


You can also make this ahead of time! Just don't spray the Corn Flakes until you are baking it!

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment