Sunday, May 2, 2010

Petite Lookbook: Peach and Pleats

Lately, I've been trying to push my style outside of my comfort zone...especially color-wise. A year ago I wouldn't even have touched peach or salmon, and definitely not mustard yellow!  
Cropped Ruffled Top: Topshop Petite 0 (sold here)
Skirt: H&M "Trend" size 4
Cardigan: Martin & Osa XS
Bracelet: Akoya pearl necklace

*Petite skirt alert* - The waist on a sz 2 was unbelievably small, so I had to size up to a 4. I am in love with the silhouette of this skirt - slightly tulip-shaped with a high waist and well-placed pleats. The higher waist elongates short legs, and the pleats enhance nonexistent hips. As an added plus, the material is sturdy and does not wrinkle, and the zipper is heavy and gold-toned.


Nude low-heel pumps from Aldo


On a separate note, I picked up these Miss Trish of Capri sandals from Target yesterday. I got a very similar pair from this line last year, with little gold lions instead of seahorses. They are fairly comfy to walk in and have lasted me since last summer, so I was happy to pick up another pair...for $5 less than what they cost last year!
Miss Trish of Capri Seahorse Sandals, $24.99 (sizes 5.5 and up)

 Size 5.5 on me (they look a little big in the photo, but fit me just fine)

One advantage of buying online versus in-store is that Target has a $5 off a $50 purchase coupon on retailmenot, free shipping for $50+, plus 3% cashback on ebates (click here for a referral). I'm considering returning these and ordering online instead! 

No comments:

Post a Comment